Since I love behind-the-scene stuff of movies and games, I thought I’d share with you some fun facts related to Giants and Dwarves TD.
- Our main inspiration for G&D TD comes from Shadow of the Colossus (the awesome game!) and Lord of the Rings the movie (especially that epic battle with Oliphants!)
- Initially, the giant is even bigger than the current version. It almost reached full game screen height! Check out this screenshot with ugly programmer’s arts:
- While I’m at it, here is another early (ugly) screenshot of the game:There is a bug visible in the screenshot (the stickman units are floating all over the screen).
- The sounds for Trojan Horse is modeled after wind-up toys that often appeared in horror movies. If you watch a lot of horror movies, I’m sure you know what I mean. Interestingly, one of our tester notice this relation. Mission accomplished(?)
- Our initial idea is to make Chinese/oriental Dragon rather than the western counterpart. Chinese dragons are wingless, scaly and serpent like. This plan was ditched for simplicity because, animating serpent like creature is more complicated.
That’s all I have for now. Do you enjoy this kind of stuff? If you do, let me know in the comments section and I’ll try to share more!
Also, we’ve reached 50K likes on Facebook, so that’s a milestone. Thanks, Everyone!